Since 1996 CICLOPLAST is the commitment of the plastics industry in Spain for the sustainable development, promoting the recovery of the plastics waste. The members of Cicloplast are the raw material suppliers and the plastics converters (packaging sector).
CICLOPLAST makes sure to ECOEMBALAJES ESPAÑA (responsible in Spain of the Green Dot System) the “take back guarantee” for plastics packaging waste from sorting plants go to recyclers.
CICLOPLAST is the chairman of the ECOEMBES Technical Committee where Green Dot value to cover the costs of selective collection, sorting and recycling is proposed.
CICLOPLAST is in charge of the following activities:
- elaborating statistics on plastics recovery and recycling in Spain (packaging and non-packaging)
- informing to authorities about results of the statistics. Specially according the Directive on Packaging Waste.
- Elaborating and monitoring a Prevention Plan on Minimisation of plastic waste for Spanish plastic industry, fulfilling the Spanish Packaging Law.
- Communication program focused on local authorities in order to help them in the good use of the yellow container for selective collection
- Defining the Technical Specifications for plastic bales coming from packaging sorting plants and going through recycling process.
- Promoting R&D alternatives to mechanical recycling (chemical recycling, energy recovery, etc)
- Promoting the recycling of plastics waste flows from non-packaging applications (e.g. CICLOAGRO activities for agricultural sector and CICLOTUB activities for building sector).